Do you believe in horoscopes? I think I kind of do. Most that I read are spot on, especially when looking up someone’s sign. I still have some major scepticism but they are entertaining for sure and I am not gonna lie, I read mine all the time, just to see what’s in store. Anyway, I am sure many of you have seen these beautifully designed star sign graphics floating around the internet, well since they are so readily available and so cool, (find yours by doing a google image search) I decided to make a little art piece for each of my daughters, displaying their sign characteristics.
Here is what you will need:
- 4×6 block of wood
- two eye hooks
- one yard of ribbon
- print out of your sign
- mod podge
- medium grit sandpaper
- acrylic paint
- paintbrush (one small, one large)
- newspaper or something you can craft on
1. Print your star sign graphic to 4×6 size on either cardstock or photo paper and cut out.
2. Use a large paintbrush to apply an even coat of mod podge to your wood block. Press your print firmly on wood block and let dry for a few hours.
3. Use medium grit sandpaper to rough up the edges of your print.
4. Use your small paintbrush and some acrylic paint to trim out your sign. Let dry.
**At this point, you may choose to add a layer of mod podge over the entire wood block to seal it. For this particular project I did not because my photo paper was so glossy.
5. Screw in eye hooks, evenly spaced to the top of your wood block.
6. Attach ribbon and you are ready to hang your art!
What do you think of this project? I think it is pretty simple and turned out pretty cute. Do you believe in horoscopes?