I love signs with text and cute quotes. I was inspired to make this piece by this post from little miss momma on choosing a family motto. I started thinking about what our family motto might be and this is what I came up with: “All you need is love”. It is so us. It is simple, it is pure and it is true. So I made this for baby sister’s side of the room over the crib. Here’s how I did it!
- square canvas 12″x12″
- paint brushes (large and small)
- paint (background color and text)
- paint tray
- white eraser
- straight edge
- mod podge
- Paint canvas background color with large brush, let dry.
- Practice word arrangements, choose favorite.
- Measure letter spacing and word spacing, this is the hardest part. Make small marks where words begin and a faint dashed line to paint on.
- Carefully press stencil flat and paint each letter. Wipe excess paint off of each letter used and be careful not to smear your letters with your stencils. Let dry.
- Erase pencil marks
- Add a coat of mod podge over entire surface for a finished look. Let dry.
- Hang it and enjoy!
What would your family motto be?