Alright, so I have a baby due in 6 days! So I did my last big grocery run today with my daughter and picked up all the ingredients for these awesome crockpot meals to freeze, via hellobee. This weekend, I’ll be cooking and freezing a lot of food to try to make the next few weeks go smoothly in our house. I don’t know about you, but I flippin LOVE my crockpot… what is better than something that cooks all day while you can do whatever the heck you want?!?
Yesterday, I slow-cooked this Italian crockpot chicken meal, courtesy of living locurto, it is one of my all time favorites, if you haven’t tried this recipe yet, please please try it this weekend, it is AMAZING.
Italian Crockpot Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- (optional) 1 can (4 oz.) mushroom stems and pieces (drained)
- hot cooked noodles or rice
- Cut the chicken into medium sized chunks and place in slow cooker.
- Combine salad dressing mix and water – pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended.
- If you like mushrooms – Stir them into mix now.
- Pour mix over chicken.
- Cook 1 hour longer or until juices run clear.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Anyway, I hope that all of my readers are having a good finish to this week! I accomplished almost everything on my “before baby arrives” to do list so we are ready! We’ve got the carseats installed, the carpet cleaned, diapers/wipes/clothes stocked and I even mopped my whole house… feeling very organized. Now time to enjoy father’s day!