What are your weekend plans? I was planning on having a baby today but it looks like she has plans of her own which include resting in the womb as long as possible… oh well all good things are worth the wait right?! Anyway, if you have no immediate plans you can always bake this delicious blackberry cupcake recipe one of my friends showed me this week!
She originally found it in Parents Magazine and I have to tell you that it makes a perfect Summer cupcake because it is just the right amount of sweet and fruity. This recipe is really simple too and works well with any white, yellow, vanilla or other plain style cupcake.
Blackberry Cupcake Recipe:
- 1 18.25 oz. pkg. vanilla, yellow or white cake mix
- 1 c fresh blackberries, plus 24 more for garnish
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (1 c) softened
- 4 3/4c powdered sugar, divided
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Prepare cupcakes according to box mix or from scratch
- Puree one cup blackberries in food processor or blender
- Pour puree into a fine-mesh sieve to strain seeds, you may need to use a spatula to help puree through the sieve
- In a large bowl, beat softened butter on med-high speed with hand mixer until fluffy, about 2 min.
- Add berry puree, 3 cups of powdered sugar and salt, beat on low-speed until sugar begins to incorporate, then increase speed.
- Add remaining powdered sugar a little at a time until your frosting reaches your preferred consistency.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes
- Chill for one hour
- Top each cupcake with a blackberry!
- Eat the perfect summer treat!!
This blackberry cupcake recipe really is great and I kind of went crazy last night and Gemma and I baked and frosted like maniacs, nothing like a baby coming to make you really start baking! Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and I’ll be sure to update when baby sister Wicks makes her debut on the world. Please pray for us!