This year, I wanted to create a fun Halloween cake that wasn’t too spooky. After our trip to an authentic pumpkin patch I was inspired to make a pumpkin patch Halloween cake. It was easy, a little messy and a lot of fun for the girls! I used a boxed cake mix and some cream cheese frosting and baked two 8″ round cakes and frosted them with white cream cheese frosting to give it a good base coat so the cake color wouldn’t show through. Slowly, the girls and I started to add the ingredients as shown in order below!
- Boxed cake mix, I used Duncan Hines Decadent Carrot Cake mix
- Cream Cheese frosting, about 2 cups, one cup white & one cup Orange
- Orange food coloring
- Crushed oreos
- Parsley with stems trimmed off
- Baby carrots
- Toy wagon
- Toothpick+hot glue+cardstock to make a small flag “have a BOOtiful Halloween!”
- Simply frost both layers of the cake and put it together
- Frost entire cake with orange colored frosting
- Sprinkle with crushed oreos
- Create rows of parsley as vines for the pumpkins
- Poke baby carrots into the cake as pumpkins!
- Chop a couple carrots to a smaller size as pumpkins in the wagon and top with a small flag if you want
- Enjoy the cake without the parsley! Ours tasted great the whole family loved it!!