I used to find it hard to incorporate enough veggies into our meals each week but now I make it a point to try at least a few meals loaded with veggies each week; they aren’t always family favorites but at least I am making the effort right? Here is a great veggie recipe by the blog Natural Promise for a veggie pasta. It is healthy and tastes flavorful and is absolutely loaded with veggies so it is a great meal option and can help the kids at least try a few new veggies.
- 1 Cup Sliced Carrots
- 1 Zucchini Squash, Chopped
- 1 Cup Chopped Baby Portabello Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup chopped Onion
- 1 14.5 oz. Can All Natural Diced Tomatoes
- 1 TBL Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. Chopped Garlic
- Pinch Basil, Oregano, salt & Pepper
- 4-5 Servings Whole Wheat or Multi Grain Pasta (Barilla Plus)
1. Cook Pasta according to directions.
2. While Pasta is cooking sauté Onion and Garlic in Olive Oil about 5 minutes.
3. Add Carrots and sauté another 5 minutes.
4. Add Zucchini, Mushrooms, and Diced Tomatoes and Spices. Simmer 15-20 minutes.
5. Serve over cooked, drained pasta.
6. Serve with fresh mixed green salad
How many times a week do you cook with veggies? (be honest)