Our mantle was looking a little in “forever Summer” mode so I thought the girls and I could add a little Fall feeling to it with a very easy Fall leaf garland. I came across a few packages of leaves at the dollar store and instantly thought of stringing them up on our mantle. You’ll only need a few items and about 30 minutes to create one yourself and kids can definitely assist!
What you’ll need:
- Fall Leaves all colors (I used two packs of 50 and had some left over, can be purchased at the dollar store or craft store)
- Clear plastic thread or fishing line
- This project is so easy! I simply threaded and tied off the needle with the plastic thread, and strung each leaf along the line. (I didn’t cut the thread to size until the end)
- Pull the leaves apart to make sure that they lay flat and aren’t bunched.
- I strung about 75 leaves and then checked the length before cutting the thread to the size of the mantle.
- Tie off at each end and enjoy!